The Triathlete Training program is where you will love to learn the swim. A proven and personalized training program that will give you everything you need to become a fast and efficient triathlon swimmer.
To the aspiring triathlete, the beginner triathlete, aspiring ironman triathlete, and cross fit games athlete, learn how to love the swim- –
You are a natural weight lifter, runner and/or cyclist, but swimming, it makes you grit your teeth and play mental mind games. You tell yourself, it is only 10% of the race. You convince yourself that you can make up the time in the transitions, bike and run phases for any slowness in the swim. It’s the worst part of the race for you.
As a result, you spend approximately 80% of your training on the bike and run workouts, and 20% on your swim. Race day comes, everyone lines up and you die out within 100 meters of the start. You start wondering how you are going to finish (yes, you must finish the swim) and then ask yourself what went wrong.
Has this happened to you?
Isn’t it time you stop ignoring your swimming, work with an experienced coach and stop the mental madness of figuring out your triathlon swim? Are you ready to think, act, and train like a competitive swimmer? Are you ready to develop a streamlined, efficient, and fast swimming form?
Swimming is not just about downloading a workout plan online, but rather understanding how and when to do sprints, drill, distance, and technique work to build a strong and sustainable swimming form. Workouts that will progressively challenge you, keep you from plateauing, and give you immediate feedback.
CLIENT TESTIMONIAL – MICHAEL ROBERTS
I witnessed Ironman Texas on April 28th and was inspired to the point of registering for my first triathlon that same day. I had running and cycling experience, but the furthest I had ever swum was the length of one pool so I had no idea what it took to swim a triathlon distance.
I thought it was like running; if I can go 25 yards, why can’t I go 50, 100, or 500 yards? I started going to the YMCA but was out of breath after swimming one pool length… Read More
WHAT WE WILL WORK ON
BODY AWARENSS & BODY BALANCE | TECHNIQUE DRILLS, DISTANCE, SPRINT EXERCISES
BODY AWARENESS & BODY BALANCE
• Swimming Muscularture: Muscles used in swimming
• Body Awareness: How to RELAX and avoid creating tension in the body
• Body Awareness: How to “reset” the brain for optimum learning
• Body Awareness: Posture, line and balance (PLB)
• Breathing: Proper inhalation & exhalation (conscious breathing)
• Breathing: How to breathe from the diaphragm (deep, slow breaths)
• Breathing: Why the legs sink and why incorrect breathing has a lot do with it
• Breathing: Rotary & Rhythmic Breathing
• Floating: Front float, back float
• Streamline: Front back, side roll
TECHNIQUE, DISTANCE, SPRINT EXERCISES
• Kicking: Flutter kick, dolphin kick
• Turns: Touch turns, flip turns, snake “ pool tri” turns
• Underwater Pushoff’s: Front, side, back
• Breathing: No breath drills (hypoxia) training
• Anaerobic Sprints: Progressive build up to multiple lengths @ faster intervals
• Aerobic Distance: Mid-distance (200-500 mtrs/yds)
• Aerobic Distance: Long distance (1000-4000 mtrs/yds)
• Drills: Arm, Leg, Core
HOW IT WORKS
Sign Up [Step 1:]:
This starts the process. Once you sign up, I will get notified and we get you setup for your consultation. It’s a big decision for sure, but it will definitely make you a stronger and more efficient swimmer.
Consultation [Step 2]:
We will talk about your fitness goals, fitness history, current health goals, health limitations. I want to fully understand your “why” for deciding to engage in the traiathlon training program.
Begin Training [Step 3]:
This is where we will workout (no pun intended) the plan we have put together. This will be in-water time, check-ins, and stroke analysis. Don’t worry we will course correct as needed.